Sunday, July 6, 2008

Food Galore!

Today it's food day. Oddly enough I only had instant noodles for dinner last night. It was a complete disaster preparing it. I have since learnt my lesson of not putting eggs in a microwave. Here's a breakdown of ZE BIG MISTAKES:

Mistake 1: Putting a pyrex bowl in a microwave with water, noodle cake and a cracked egg.

Mistake 2: Transferring everything after the "wonderful" event to a stove and refilling water level only to fill it a mite full.

Basically what happened was that while waiting I heard a huge BANG! Ran to the microwave half expecting that it blew up. Well I wasn't completely wrong though. The bowl was overturned, noodles were everywhere and lots of water of course.

Must salvage the situation right? And that's what I did, or rather what I thought I was doing. Only it went horribly wrong. I transferred what I could gather to the stove and refilled the water. Only problem was that I filled it quite full and forgot about the egg still in the bowl. Note: If there's egg, DO NOT put too much water when boiling. Mini natural disaster and the stove went out. But the noodles WERE DONE! Worst effort put in a noodle cooking session ever.

Oops, I forgot to explain why it's food day today! Well, I went out with Wai Hou, Choon Wee and Kelvin for lunch at OUG. It's Nando's, yum! I like Nando's, but pricing-wise well... let's just say I can't do this all the time. After that we looked around a bit in Parkson's. We ended up going to Sweet Bean's for MOAR food! I had noodles and some sort of mango ice kacang. Man, was I full!

That's not the end of it though! We're going for dinner-cum-supper later. Yay for mamak food!

REMEMBER FOLKS! WE LIVE TO EAT, NOT EAT TO LIVE.

p.s. Oh yeah, I'm also looking forward to this supper thing coz someone is going to "chia", yay!

No comments: